NARPO – Lakes Distillery Partnership
We have partnered with a truly iconic and innovative destination experience for your pleasure. Indulge yourselves into the multi award winning assets of The Lakes Distillery, Cumbria, tailored especially for you – the NARPO – Lakes Distillery Partnership.
We have uncovered bespoke limited edition offers for you as we announce our exclusive partnership.
You will receive exclusive offers solely for you and a superb competition in the coming days that I do hope you will be part of as the partnership commences.
Following a £9m investment and three years in development, The Lakes Distillery both started production of its spirits and officially opened its doors in December 2014. Since then, The Distillery has become one of Cumbria’s leading award winning tourist attractions, welcoming 100,000 visitors in its first year.
Housed in a beautifully renovated 1850s Victorian model farm, The Distillery has a range of facilities for you to enjoy. This includes an interactive tour which last one hour and offers a sensory experience enjoyed by all ages including a tasting of our spirits. The tours follow the journey of how the world-class gin, vodka and the eagerly anticipated malt whisky are made. Visitors are also invited to see behind the scenes at the working distillery and explore the still rooms, warehouse and tasting room.
The Lakes Distillery also has a luxury gift shop with locally-sourced products and our resident herd of friendly alpacas, which visitors can walk past whilst enjoying a walk down to the River Derwent.
The acclaimed Michelin Guide Bistro at The Lakes Distillery has developed a tremendous reputation popular with tourists and locals thanks to menus created by head chef Andrew Beaton, with renowned Michelin star chef Terry Laybourne as a mentor.
Experience the excitement of a working distillery – see ‘behind the scenes’ of the heat, the smell and the buzz of England’s largest award-winning whisky distillery. Take a sensory tour backstage and walk amongst the sleeping spirit in our atmospheric cask warehouse. The Lakes Distillery offers a family friendly atmosphere – stop off in the cafe and say hello to our family of resident alpacas!
BECOME PART OF WHISKY HISTORY.
By joining the Founders’ Club, you will receive one 70cl bottle of The Lakes Spirit every year for the next 10 years – exclusively drawn from the first 100 casks ever produced at The Lakes Distillery.
In addition, you will have the unique opportunity to taste your whisky developing during that time with matching miniatures, allowing you to fully appreciate the progression of the maturing spirit.
This is available to 2975 members worldwide, making this a rare and wonderful experience for a discerning collector or whisky connoisseur.
The Trout Hotel, Cockermouth
The Lakes Distillery and sister business, The Trout Hotel in Cockermouth, provides a 24 hour solution to your visit, event and celebration requirements. With a recently refurbished 40-bedroom hotel just 6 miles down the road. The idyllic, picture postcard setting on the bank of the River Derwent in Cockermouth and the calm, relaxing atmosphere, will help you instantly feel at ease.
The luxurious, soft furnishings will help you unwind after a meeting held at the distillery. Their thoughtful, attentive team will see to your every need. The Trout Hotel understand that doing the little things well is what makes your stay with them so special.
- Global Distillery Masters 2016 best whisky distillery facilities destination experience in the world – awarded England’s newest and largest whisky distillery with the only ‘Master’ medal, the highest accolade.
- Top 50 Cumbrian Icon, by Cumbria Magazine
- Visit England -Quality Rose Marque -September 2016
- Great British Food Awards 2016- Highly Commended -The Lakes Gin
- Bistro at The Distillery has been listed in the Michelin Good Food Guide 2016
- Trip Advisor -Certificate of Excellence -Bistro at The Distillery and The Lakes Distillery tour
- Open Table Diners’ Choice Awards several months in a row
- LABC Building Excellence Awards
- Winner of the Best Small Commercial Building project in the North at the regional heats of the LABC
- Highly Commended in the Best Change of Use of an Existing Building or Conversion category
- International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2015, one of the world’s most authoritative, respected and influential spirits competitions
- The ONE received a silver medal in the Whiskies Worldwide sector, placing it amongst the leading whiskies in the world
- The Lakes Gin, silver medal in the gin category
- The Lakes Vodka, bronze medal in the vodka category
- International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2015
- The One, silver ‘outstanding’ medal
- The Lakes Gin, bronze medal
- The Lakes Vodka, silver medal
- International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2016
- The Lakes Gin, Explorer, Silver medal
- The Lakes Gin, Silver medal
- Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition (HKIWSC)
- The ONE, silver medal in the Worldwide Whiskey category
- The Lakes Gin, silver medal in the gin category
- CN Media Group Business Award – Tourism and Hospitality Award 2015
Finalist in Best Newcomer and Best Local Restaurant categories in the Cumbria Life Food and Drink Awards 2015